If you want to get healed, you are going to hear some fascinating facts in this interview.
You are reading this for a reason and you are in the right place! My guest today is Dr. Robin Miller. She is the author of three books, but today she is going to tell us about her most recent one: Healed!: Health & Wellness for the 21st Century: Wisdom, Secrets, and Fun Straight from the Leading Edge.
Dr. Robin has gathered the knowledge, insights and anecdotes offered in this book over the course of 33 years of treating patients using the principles of integrative medicine. Board certified in Internal Medicine, she also trained with Andrew Weil as an Integrative Medicine Fellow at University of Arizona.
We could have talked forever! Listen in as we discuss the importance of healthy food choices for an overall healthy life. Dr. Robin reveals some really fascinating insights to living better and also living happier.
Get healed with Dr. Robin!How to improve the health of your gut and get healed!Click To Tweet
3 Components of Good Health
In our interview, Dr. Robin and I focused more on the importance of having a healthy gut in order to obtain and maintain optimal health, especially good mental health! (Psst, this helps your anxiety get healed too!)
How to improve the health of your gut and get healed
- Eat more prebiotic foods like asparagus and onions.
- Add more probiotic foods to your diet such as kimchi, sauerkraut and kefir.
- Garden. There are tons of good bacteria in your soil. Get your hands dirty to help your gut!
- Exercise. When you exercise, you also help your body form Butyrate- a type of fatty acid that helps your gut work right.
- Ask your health professional to test for a genetic MTHFR mutation. You may need to supplement with L-methylfolate.
How do you take care of your gut health? Share with me!