My Ego Likes To Snowball: Five telltale signs that your ego is hurting you23 comments
Is your ego hurting you? Egos are funny son’s of b—-es. In great effort to protect themselves (ourselves) our ego, causes tons of suffering. It seems ridiculous to make ourselves suffer in the guise of protecting ourselves, but we do it every day. It’s not funny.
Your ego does this every day
Are you wondering why we would do this? I do. No, it doesn’t mean we are stupid. We just learned a long time ago that this was the right way to do it. But as it turns out, that may not be true.
Here are five telltale signs your ego might be causing more problems than it’s protecting:
1. You think some healing modalities are stupid and definitely won’t work for you even though you haven’t tried them. Our ego wants to keep the status quo. It would do anything to prevent you from changing.
2. You think change is a bad thing, or “hard for you.” Change is constantly happening, we do just fine. There no big mystery “unknown” to be scared of. No need to wonder how you will handle it. You have the same abilities you had a moment ago plus more you’ve gained more since. No problem.
3. You close your heart, or avoid a relationship. Ok, this is stupid. You are not stupid, but this is. Always chose connection. It is only in connection we heal. This doesn’t mean be available to people who can hurt you. No. This means be available to people who can love you.
4. You want to be alone when you are depressed. See number 3.
5. You feel really bad and then judge yourself intensely for this “weakness.” It is a double whammy. The ego doesn’t want to feel bad so it makes itself feel worse. Who thought of this? Not a good idea.
Do you have any of these telltale signs your ego is hurting you?
Jodi Aman / /